Monday, September 14, 2009

My Perspective

by Alfonso Colasuonno

SMACKDOWN

I think CM Punk defeating Undertaker at Breaking Point in dubious fashion sets up a great way for Undertaker to gain the title - at Hell in the Cell!

Wow.....that's some pretty heavy stuff about Jeff Hardy being charged with felonies for drugs. Why would anyone making the money Hardy was making be involved in illegal drug running. It boggles the mind.

How long before Slam Master J is released?

How about this Drew McIntyre guy. He's looking pretty strong in beating up R. Truth - albeit by blindsiding the dude.

John Morrison - Rey Mysterio was undoubtedly the best match I've seen in a long while. Every match that Morrison is in, I walk away knowing I'm seeing a true star. This guy is the real deal.

I presume The Undertaker will likely win the title from CM Punk. But I wonder who he'll feud with? Maybe they can run Taker as a tweener and put him against Morrison. Or maybe they can make Jerishow lose the title and have him feud with Jericho. Or they can elevate Dolph Ziggler, but I don't think anyone would buy that just yet. Maybe with Kane dominating his feud with Khali he could be put over and they could start the whole Undertaker- Kane thing again.

RAW

Bob Barker was a king in his performance as guest host of RAW. Personally, even though I think Drew Carey is a funny guy (his idea of writing a book of dirty jokes under the pen name Ted Kennedy was classic) I can't stand to see him fronting Price is Right.

It looks like they're going to give Kofi Kingston a long reign as US Champion, despite having qualified contenders like Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Carlito. Maybe he can win the WWE title at the next time they have a championship scramble match. He deserves an opportunity.

Good to see Big Dick Johnson back in the WWE. He's absolutely hilarious as comic relief. I knew DX was going to have him in the gift box for Vince McMahon. The only thing better would be if Sandman came back and caned the hell out of him.

I was a little surprised to see Legacy beat DX at Breaking Point. It seems like Triple H took a step back in his push when he reformed with Michaels.

ECW

Well now that Christian convincingly beat Regal - does Shelton Benjamin get a title shot? Or are they going to drag out this feud some more?

Tony Atlas is now the second in command on the Abraham Washington Show. I heard of help a brother out but isn't there something more useful he can be used as.

TNA

How about that - Homicide turned on Hernandez? Too bad the feud is pretty much one-sided. Hernandez already beat Homicide and is on his way to main eventing and Homicide is floundering.

It looks like Samoa Joe is kind of just floating around - even as X Division Champion - since joining the Main Event Mafia. While his match against Daniels should be exciting - it's hard to consider him a full member of the MEM. He's often not with the rest of the group when they are shown on TV. I wonder if the face turn will come soon.

Call me crazy but I think the Motor City Machine Guns are great workers - outside and inside the ring. They are probably my favorite TNA stars.

D'Angelo Dinero is certainly over with the fans. I like The Pope.

Hamada has some amazing moves. I love watching her fight.

Those new Beer Money t-shirts with the newspaper on them are pretty cool. Spot on, Don West.

I like Rhino's heel turn. I'd like to see him go up against Abyss. Maybe if Abyss wins the Legends Title from Nash.

Still waiting to see Bobby Lashley in the ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment