Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Perspective

by Alfonso Colasuonno

ECW

I saw William Regal tell Yoshi Tatsu that he hates foreigners yesterday on ECW. Ironic, considering this Englishman said that in Roanoke, Virginia....Still, I think this angle might be becoming developed since Regal's comment to Kofi Kingston about how it'd be better for him to represent the US Title than a Jamaican. Let's hope this racist angle is pulled off better than JBL giving the Nazi salute.

The Abraham Washington Show is definitely must-see-TV. I wonder what kind of competitor he is in the ring. I'd like to see Abey Baby get started in a feud against Tommy Dreamer.

Definitely don't know what ECW is going to do with their women's division with only 3 stars...could we see the Bellas turn on each other, again?

When is DJ Gabriel returning to ECW? I swear he was the second coming of Alex "Berlyn" Wright!

Goldust is as useless as ever. Definitely have to agree that he hasn't been a factor in the WWE since intimidating Razor Ramon.

Is a Vladimir Kozlov feud against Ezekiel Jackson possible? There was a tease of it last night. I personally think the days of Russian mega heels are over. Try Kozlov as a face - if only as an experiment.

Too bad Finlay isn't on ECW anymore. I'd like to see a Finlay-Sheamus feud.

William Regal and Paul Burchill might make a good tag team....

RAW

Raw is once again the flagship of the WWE Universe. There's been a lot of improvement on the show in the last month or so. I really like the idea of guest hosts, as it really alleviates a lot of the problems of depth in the superstar pool that Raw has. That said, ZZ Top on RAW was lame.

Anyone else as excited about the 6 man match for the US Title. First off, Kofi Kingston is a delight to watch in the ring. The Miz is just awesome! Jack Swagger really has the potential to be a great heel for years to come. I like Carlito's heel turn too. However, the Big Show and MVP are sort of floundering. The Big Show is really just used as a tool because of his size to show how amazing your top-of-the-line guys on RAW are by beating him. MVP was also rumored to be challenging Orton for the belt at one point but now is apparently an afterthought.

It's a shame to see Beth Phoenix as a non-entity in the Divas title picture. She really has more talent than most of the other Divas in WWE.

How great would it be if Jericho's tag team partner was Randy Orton at Night of Champions? I think it would clear the way for a feud between Orton and DiBiase and give DiBiase the chance to develop into a star in his own right.

Personally, I think Hornswoggle's matches are painful to watch. When he and Chavo Guerrero are going at it, I just feel like I'd taken some Seraquil.

I like Mark Henry's push. While I don't know how well he'll go over as a face in the long run, I think his dominance of Jericho and Orton is putting him in good position for a title contendership if Orton manages to hold on to the belt.

The Brian Kendrick losing to Lawler (could you believe his dropkick at his age?) is just one more nail in the coffin for Kendrick. What a waste of his talent.

Lastly, for those who've been in the loop for awhile...doesn't Monday Nitro sound a lot like Monday Night Raw if pronounced in a Southern accent?

SMACKDOWN

Where's been Mike Knox on the last few editions of Smackdown? I'd like it if they play us his intellectual proclivities. I don't mean turn him into another Dean Douglas...but it would be nice to see a smart face for a change.

Have you ever seen a champion lose as often as CM Punk has recently? He's been pinned twice by John Morrison, forfeited a match to Edge, and lost via disqualification to Jeff Hardy.

Speaking of Jeff Hardy, his contract is about to run out....I think his mic skills are terrible...I don't think he'd be a big loss to the WWE.

I love the Edge face turn. I think when Edge returns, and with John Morrison, Smackdown has two faces that don't insult fans' intelligence (i.e. Cena, Batista, J.Hardy)

I'm surprised that the Hart Dynasty isn't getting over in their feud against Cryme Time. To think that the son of Davey Boy Smith, the daughter of Jim the Anvil Neidhart, and the last graduate of Stu Hart's famed dungeon is 2-2 against Cryme Time....is disappointing to say the least.

Dolph Ziggler is the likely choice for Jericho's tag team partner; but for once, WWE, surprise me!

Jesse as the eternal wanksta is a gimmick that is going over with me quite well. Who'd have thought the son of one of the Fabulous Freebirds would be more akin to Eminem than the dudes from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Jim Ross remains the best announcer currently in the business.

When are they going to start using Matt Hardy? I think it's kind of funny how he destroys Jeff Hardy in a brother vs. brother feud, and then gets drafted to RAW and used as a mid-carder while Jeff wins the title.

When will they give Ricky Ortiz the pink slip already...the rally up gimmick is lame!

I don't really get the whole Pretty Ricky gimmick they are giving R. Truth. I also don't get why he hasn't been in contention for the Intercontinental Title yet.

Has there really ever been a worse wrestler (and I use that term loosely) than The Great Khali?

WWE just isn't the same without The Undertaker (or Shawn Michaels)

TNA

It's a low down dirty shame that first Shane Douglas, and now Raven, are gone from TNA. Why even bring them in to tease the fans in the first place if you weren't going to stick by them.

So the Main Event Mafia controls all the (major) belts. Now what? Here's where things can get interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next...

Sheik Abdul Bashir hasn't really been used much lately in TNA. I think he has potential to be a great X-division champion.

Somehow, I don't understand the idea of your most powerful knockout being used as a face in the case of Awesome Kong.

Bobby Lashley signed on to TNA....wonder how they'll use him.

I don't really understand the idea of half-heartedly doing an anti-American faction with the British Invasion, Kiyoshi, and Sheik Abdul Bashir, when Kiyoshi and SAB aren't even used in the fed much.

I really think TNA needs to remold the Legends belt into their secondary title instead of something associated with Legends. I think The Monster Abyss is one of the few TNA originals to really go anywhere lately with the MEM's domination. Maybe he should challenge Nash for the belt.

I think Beer Money, Inc. - if they stick together - could one day be considered one of the great tag teams in line with your Steiners, Road Warriors, and Dudleys.

I really think TNA should get Hulk Hogan. Like Vince said, Kurt Angle just isn't a channel changer.

Taz as Samoa Joe's trainer....whoo....I think that was a pretty good move for TNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment