Saturday, May 30, 2009

TNA's New Arrivals, The Floundering Nature of RAW, and The Birth of a Star on Smackdown

by Alfonso Colasuonno

TNA

Well, TNA brought three new arrivals to the Impact Zone this week and I think the show will all together be a lot stronger for their additions.

First - about Victoria - all I have to say is her theme music is amazing. It's the best I've ever heard. It sounds like some cross between L7 and My Bloody Valentine. Anyone know who does the music?

Raven joining with old pal Stevie Richards and Daffney has the makings for a great stable. I'm really optimistic about how TNA will handle the addition of Raven.

Shane Douglas using his old friend the brass knuckles on Daniels was an interesting way to close out the show. And by interesting, I mean I think they could do better. Still, I think a Daniels - Douglas feud would be pretty exciting.

Next week will bring a new addition - Jesse Neal. I really think Abdul Bashir and The British Invasion are going to do something to feud with him. Yes, I think it will be the worst gimmick around. My fingers are crossed that this is botched so horribly that it goes from bad to good.

I'm not feeling the idea of bringing in Cody Deaner is an active competitor. See when Don West said the crystal meth crack about him, I actually think it was aptly put.

Samoa Joe remains the height of absurdity by stating that he is going to kill Kurt Angle. Gah.

I like the idea of Sting leading the Main Event Mafia. It brings a bit of a twist to the same tired old heel faction. Let's see how this develops. I think Matt Morgan could be really something of a star and might be a good fit for the faction as an enforcer - sort of replacing Kurt Angle's bodyguards in that role.

RAW

I am completely bored of the Legacy. Even Ric Flair wasn't enough to salve the wound that is the Ortoncentric nature of RAW.

I have to admit - even though it was out of jealousy and self-promotion, the idea of the faces wearing Lakers jerseys and the heels wearing Nuggets jerseys in the main event and the confrontation between McMahon and the Nuggets owner impersonator was pretty entertaining.

SMACKDOWN

The more I see of John Morrison, like the way he handled himself against Umaga - the more I think this kid has the potential to be the next Shawn Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment