Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Recent Observations

By Alfonso Colasuonno

Is anyone as sick of Randy Orton as I am? OK. You systematically dismantled every member of the McMahon family and now you're setting your sights on dismantling every member of Evolution. You already put Triple H out of commission. Boring. Smackdown is an infinitely better show than Raw simply because Raw revolves around Orton (and Cena - don't get me started on him). I think he needs a new gimmick. This feud is getting old. Just a few months ago I was incredibly high on Orton...but now, I'm just frustrated watching his skits on RAW and prefer to watch The Miz or The Brian Kendrick or any of the other few good competitors on the program.

Speaking of Randy Orton's feud...how about bringing in the decomposing corpse of Ric Flair in to feud with Orton. Granted, Flair looks older than John McCain but I still mark out for the old boy. Still, the thought of Batista vs. Orton as the main draw on RAW leaves me with a sigh and a yawn.

On the last episode of Smackdown - Chris Jericho showed exactly why he is the best mic worker in WWE. At first I didn't like Jericho's angle of constant whiner. The angle could only really work in a truly skilled professional's hand (see how Jack Swagger is failing at it in his feud with Christian). While I miss the antics of the old Jericho...I think the new professional Jericho is equally entertaining.

Does anyone else think Batista is nothing but a ripoff of Goldberg?

The Miz is the reason to watch RAW. Him dressed up like a John Cena fanboy was hilarious. His rap ("The Steve Urkel of handsome") was funny. I actually want to see The Miz moved up to the main event status. I think he is an incredible mic worker. If not...I think he'd make an amazing tag team with The Brian Kendrick.

What's up with David Hart Smith saying he's already better than his father without ever wrestling a match in ECW? Hmm....he might be...but the kid is too brash without a record to back it up. Still, the new formed Hart Foundation is looking good.

Zack Ryder is the most entertaining wrestler on ECW. WOO WOO WOO!

I think I'm alone in my enthusiasm for the Soviet Cyborg - Vladimir Kozlov. I just wish he starts finding better competition than the no-names ECW is throwing at him. Who is going to win a match - the guy with the ring entrance or the guy you've never heard of without a ring entrance. Lame.

I really think the tag team belts should remain unified considering how little WWE cares about them.

Here's hoping Shawn Michaels and Triple H reform as DX and Kane and Undertaker reform as the Brothers of Destruction and give the tag team division a jolt. I just don't buy the Colons as legitimate tag team champions.

As Russell Jaffe said - the odds are 100 to 100 that the Navy guy that Rhino is training will feud with Sheik Abdul Bashir - I for one can hardly wait!!!

Stevie Richards needs a better angle than this Dr. Stevie gimmick.

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment